Friday, August 28, 2009

To blog or not to blog, that is the question.

Well, if you are here, I guess you already know the answer. Perhaps a better question would be, "Do I really need a blog, and if so why"?

No, I do not need one, but yes I do want one. My life has been a tad interesting, and quite often many peculiar things happen to me. That is not to say that they don't for most people, but more often than not, it is the interpretation of these experiences, or the way they are perceived that makes us who we are, and how we view the world around us. Some people love life, others hate it. I see it as just one huge fucked up mess with no rhyme or reason. In fact, the more I try to figure it out, the more confused I become. Why does bad shit happen to good people? Why do assholes always seem to win? Why can I drink a 40 of rye and still be sober, but have three beers and think it's a good idea to try to pick up lesbians from a gay bar? Why won't my ex-wife just go away?

Now I know I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd, but I'm not an idiot either, (though occasionally I do play the part well). The fact of the matter is that I see things differently from most people. Perhaps I was born with a rain cloud over my head, maybe I bring bad luck on myself. It might just be that the shit that happens to me happens to everyone else, but they haven't the balls to share it with the world. Of course, there is the ever so slight chance that my life is far better than everyone else's, because others don't get to experience the strange but wonderful things that I do. Then again, I could be completely normal, which brings us back to the peanut in the turd thing.

Ah fuck it, it is what it is, and I am who I am. I hope you enjoy my odd story, and that some of my views on things might enlighten you with a new way of thinking. If not, so be it, at least my typing speed should improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment